Bob Stras Dallas Classic Basketball Tournament
The Knights of Columbus of the Dallas Diocese
the 58th Annual
Bob Stras Dallas Classic
High School Basketball Tournament
at Bishop Lynch High School (Map)
and Jesuit Dallas Prep (Map)
Why does the Dallas Diocese Chapter do this?
- To make a relevant connection that otherwise might not exist between the Knights of Columbus and the youth of our community.
- To support our local catholic schools and to contribute to the quality of their programs and environment.
What Do the Knights Provide to the Host Schools?
- Team Trophies and Individual Awards
- Commemorative Tee Shirts for the Players
- A 40 Page Glossy Program Including Rosters and Brackets for All Schools
- A Commemorative Gift for Participating Coaches
- Food for the Teams and Coaches
- A Stipend for Each Host School to Cover Referees, Security and other Operating Expenses
How Is The Tournament Funded?
100% of the Expense of Putting on The Tournament is Covered by the Advertising in the Tournament Program. Councils and Assemblies, Affiliated Organizations, Individual Knights and Corporate Sponsors all Generously Purchase Advertising and Sponsorships Each Year That Allows Us to Put On A First Class Event.
To Purchase an Ad or Sponsorship, Please Contact Brother Jake Fleischer With The Information Provided Above
History and format of the Tournament
The Knights of Columbus Dallas Classic is sponsored by the Dallas Diocesan Chapter of the Knights of Columbus and was started in 1962 as a Catholic high school boys basketball tournament. In the early days, some of the visiting teams actually slept on the floors of some Council halls. Over the years a girls division was added and in 2014 the name of SK Bob Stras who led the Tournament Committee for many years was added to the tournament name. The competition has grown in stature with a great mix of local talent, national talent from outside of the metroplex and even some international teams from Russia, Canada and elsewhere. In its current format, 8 boys teams are hosted at Jesuit Dallas Preparatory School and 8 Girls Teams are hosted at Bishop Lynch High School. The Dallas Classic has become one of the preeminent high school basketball tournaments in the area.