Another Successful Golf Tournament
Our third annual DDC Golf Tournament, which took place Friday, May 17th at Bear Creek Golf Club is officially in the Diocese history archive.
We had 25 teams compete in the four man scramble format. Father Randall Fogle from Dennison (Council 830) lead us in prayer, and sent us off to a fun filled day of golf in perfect weather.
Most everyone took full advantage of the generous perks and bought (mulligans, buy-a-drive, etc).
The top three scoring teams were:
- First Place – Team DDC: Roy Rabenaldt, Gary Labac, Chris Labac, Austin Alaniz
- Second Place – Team Council 13044 (Our Lady of Angels): Keith Hymel, Mark VanDeCaseele, Rod Tiffee, Rick Rodriguez
- Third Place – Team Council 6402 (Queen of Peace): Tom Landry, Jimmy Stewart, Jim Norris, Fred Cantu
After the golf round all gathered in the West Pavilion for dinner and prizes. DDC Vice President Ken Franch welcomed everyone and thanked them for participating in this important fund raiser for the Chapter.
Big thanks goes out to co chairs Ed Stankunas and Mike Courtney for helping me organize another great tournament.
Thanks also to all volunteers who helped make everything go smoothly and efficiently. They are:
- Check in table and ‘goodie sales’: Bob Brenann, Brad Istas, Terrell Landry
- Money takers: DDC Officers Richard Gehring (treasurer), Ken Franch (Vice President)
- Fantasy Golf official scorer: Victor Franch
- Buy A Drive Hole Official: John Stelte
- Photographer: Kayla Labac
Thanks again and I hope to see everyone back again next year!
Knights of Columbus PGK, FDD,PDDC Pres.
Asst. Diocesan Deputy