Texas has been selected to pilot a change to the STAR council program. This pilot is an alternative path to councils’ insurance quota for the remainder of this fraternal year. This is effective immediately. A Council may already have insurance members towards their quota but we are starting at zero today.
The pilot will eliminate the council insurance quota entirely, and replace it with a requirement that councils conduct two fraternal benefits nights per year, in conjunction with their field agents.
In order for a fraternal benefits night to count, it must:
- Be organized by the council.
- Be promoted by the council both to membership and the broader parish community.
- Draw a crowd consisting of at least 10 member age-eligible men to purchase our insurance products.
- Be the Field Agent presenting the program.
- Be reported to the Supreme Council by the General Agent.
Final details to be completed with regard to reporting. Suggest that Councils complete this by April 15, 2020.
T. Mark Evans
Texas State Council
“We can do no great things, only small things with great love.”Mother Teresa